Makes 8 • Time 45 mins plus chilling
Calories 327 • Fibre 1.6g • Salt 0.2g • Sugar 33.9g
Fat 16.7g of which 9.5g is saturated
Dark chocolate 75g, broken into pieces
Mini chocolate brownie bites 200g (7oz), crumbled
Seedless raspberry jam 100g (3 1/2 oz)
Chocolate orange sticks 32
Edible eye cake decorations 16
Chocolate vermicelli 25g
1. Put dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water until
melted. Remove bowl from heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in brownie crumbs and 75g (3oz) jam. Cover and chill for 30 minutes until firm
enough to shape.
3. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions. One at a time, break off a small piece for the
head and a small piece for the body and form each into balls. Gently press the head
onto the body, flattening edges slightly, then place on a board lined with baking paper.
Repeat until mixture has been used up.
4. Break chocolate sticks in half and poke into the sides of the spiders to resemble legs.
Chill for 1 hour until firm.
5. Carefully brush the backs of the eyes with jam and stick in place on each spider. Brush
the bodies lightly with more jam, if needed, and sprinkle with chocolate vermicelli for
a hairy appearance. If warm, chill for 30 minutes to firm up before serving.